Members Speak Out About RPIA
Posted 1/30/2013 by Marc Wycliffe of
Eddie's Bakery, Fresno, California
So this is what happens when you're a member of RPIA:
1. You have an issue; say a Mixer that needs a part.
2. Call Hobart and the reaming begins.
3. Then you think, hmmm, maybe if I contact our members, I might be helped out with an alternate plan.
4. 9:21 am you broadcast a request for some help.
5. 9:25 am (yes, 4 minutes later) you receive a scanned business card for a guy in Minnesota.
6. 9:27 am you make a call to Tim, and find out that he was expecting your call because Rick Crawford had spoken to him already.
7. 9:30, Tim is walking his warehouse to confirm he has the part.
8. 9:35, the part is being shipped overnight (at less than half the price) from Burnsville, Mn to Fresno, California, so we can have our workhorse ready for the weekend. And BTW, Tim ships the part and says, "I'll just send you an invoice, and you can mail me a check"!
I don't even know what to say.
The moral of the story: THINK RPIA FIRST!
Marc Wickliffe, Eddie's Bakery Cafe, 7089 N Cedar Ave. , Fresno, CA 93720
RPIA offers much more than purchasing programs. Because members each have
their own experience and expertise, RPIA shares intellectual property as well. Before investing too deeply in new approaches, members can share what works and what doesn’t. RPIA members have found and shared information on better rates for worker's comp insurance, as well as property and casualty insurance. Members can take advantage of Predictive Index, a pre-employment test that evaluates the strengths and weaknesses of potential employees to make sure they’ll be productive and happy in their positions, reducing turnover—and stress. And a national trucking program helps mbers to reduce shipping costs.
Founders Speak About RPIA
The RPIAGroup was founded by Rick Crawford, Certified Master Baker (CMB), and managing partner of the RPIA Group, formerly of Crawford’s Wholesale Bakery, Indianapolis, IN, former board member and treasurer of the Retail Bakers of America and four former presidents of the Retail Bakers of America, Mark Atwood, CMB, Certified Decorator (CD), Atwood’s Bakery, Alexandria, LA, Matt D’Agostino, CMB, La Bonbonniere Bake Shoppes, Edison, NJ, Randy McArthur, McArthur’s Bakery, St. Louis, MO, Larry Merritt, CMB, Merritt’s Bakery, Tulsa, OK, and their spouses/business partners.